StatCounter

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Log Cabins!

Some of you who may have bought items off me will know that I love to put a log cabin stamp on my information labels - I'd love my own log cabin in the UK! Wonder if there are many about hidden away in the UK countryside?
Here's a beautiful log cabin farm in Colorado, that we drove past.




An abandoned gold mine settlement in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado had some derelict cabins - here I am wondering if there's any quilts left behind!





Here inside this abandoned cabin you can see the wallpaper peeling off the wall and the thick layers of newspaper they used to line the cabin for insulation. They would have had a long cold winter to get through as this settlement was at a high altitude. It was here that my altitude sickness started!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, the history that these pics could tell us about. I wonder who the settlers were and what their quilts were like ? Where did they travel from to get there ? Why did they decide to settle just there ?
    Want to own your own log cabin ? Mmm, well, there might just be a very long queue for that. :-) You, me and dozens of other caring quilters and rescuers of quilts !! nice dream though :-) Best wishes, Heather.

    ReplyDelete